Noi stiamo bene, anche se siamo davvero vicini.
L'aria é insopportabile, c'é poco da stare fuori all'aperto per qualsiasi motivo.
Questa mattina presto ho visto un paio di persone in palestra con una mascherina in viso e mi sono chiesta cosa stessero facendo. Uscendo dalla palestra mi sono resa conto che l'aria era cambiata e il fumo offuscava ogni cosa. Mi sono chiesta come stava Christian con la sua asma, dato che oggi lavora ancora piú vicino alle montagne.
Ieri é stato annunciato che 50 famiglie del nostro rione hanno dovute evacuare. Per ora le loro case sono ancora intatte.
É in questi momenti che ti chiedi se sei pronto per un'emergenza. Non si sa mai e quando succede, succede in fretta.
View Los Angeles County-area fires near Mount Wilson, La Canada Flintridge, Altadena, La Crescenta, Glendale, Pasadena, Acton, Agua Dulce in a larger map
We are fine, even if we are really close to it.
The air is suffocating. It's really not the time to be outside for any reason.
This morning at the gym I saw couple people with a little facial mask. I was wondering what they were doing. Getting out of the gym I realized the air had changed, and the smoke took its place. I wondered how Christian was doing with his asthma, since today he's working on a location very close to it. Not fun!
Yesterday was announced that 50 families of our ward have been evacuated. Their homes are still intact for now.
It's in this moments that you ask yourself if you are ready for an emergency. You never know, and when it happens it happens fast.
View Los Angeles County-area fires near Mount Wilson, La Canada Flintridge, Altadena, La Crescenta, Glendale, Pasadena, Acton, Agua Dulce in a larger map
guardando la cartina, abitiamo a "Glendale". Le montagne che stano bruciando sono al quanto vicine, ma il fuoco non puó raggiungerci.. almeno a conclusione del mio ragionamento. Wow non mi ero resa conto di quanto fosse grande il territorio che sta bruciando. Ed ecco spiegata l'aria soffocante. Mi sa che vado a comprarmi un paio di mascherine. ( se non vedi i fuochi segnalati sulla cartina clicca sulla scritta blu)
looking at the map we live in Glendale. The burning mountains are close by, but I really don't think the fires can ever get to us. At list that's the conclusion of my thoughts. Wow I didn't realize untill watching this map how the fires are spreading out. No kidding the air is suffocating. Off I go to get a couple of those face masks.


2 comments:
Hopefully both you and Christian are alright with all that smoke!
thank you!
Well I'm fine, Christian is the one not sleeping cause his lungs are struggling with it! The week-end we'll try to go somewhere to breeth some fresh air :)
Post a Comment